Engineering Manager - Projects
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: General Manager
Location: Keilor. VIC
Job Summary: This full time position requires a candidate with experience in design and development of Emergency Locator Transmitters, Antennas for airborne applications and project management with a focus on avionics equipment design, development, certification and engineering support. The candidate will need to lead multi- disciplinary project teams working across the various product lines. This position requires close attention to detail and an excellent knowledge of airborne electronics development and certification processes including experience in RTCA DO-160, MIL-STD 810, 461, 704 environmental testing programmes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of an airborne ELT and support ancillary equipment.
- Responsible for project management of FDS products including definition of scope, financial budget and timelines.
- Creation of project plans which identify requirements, deliverables, work breakdown, resources and risks as well as ensuring continuing compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Responsible for securing design resources and managing those resources in an effective and cost efficient manner.
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on project progress including timelines, expenditures and risk mitigations.
- Monitoring and approval of budgeted project expenditures.
- Implement and manage change proposal within project plans.
- Execution of the project plan including revisions due to resource conflicts, change proposals and changes to project scope.
- Establish regular communication schedules (department based, project based) and ensuring meetings are minuted and actioned.
- Manage software designers, design engineers and technical resources for design projects.
- Provide general engineering support to FDS departments.
- Creating a safe working environment for self and other employees.
Qualifications / Experience:
Bachelor of Engineering.
5 year or more experience in a similar role within an aerospace environment.
Applications Close: 11/12/2014