New Release of STARS coming soon
Release Date: 04/03/2013
STARS has involved from its early years in devleopment to become a cost effective calibration and flight data replay solution. Flight recorder systems have evolved which demand more storage and therefore larger dataframe requirements. The new version of STARS currently in development will support these new larger dataframes.
Additional Flight recorders have entered the aviation market to meet the different aircraft size and configurations. The new types of flight recorders available now come with Ethernet which have more storage and improved transfer speeds for downloading.
The new release for STARS (due in July 2013) will be capable of downloading, using the MPI v2 and replaying the following flight recorder types:
- Universal Ethernet CVFDR
- L3 FA5000, FA5001
- Honeywell HFR5-D and Honeywell Light Weight Recorders
Some of the other functions to be included in the new version of STARS include:
- Print graphs in single page format
- Capability to support the new MPI version 2
- Connection and reliability improvements
- Automatically group similar parametres for reporting