Reports to: General Manager UK office (UK)
Positions available: 1
To carry out the flight data analysis, flight data monitoring functions of FDS, including the coaching and direct supervision of Flight Data Systems staff under their control. Assist in the development of new aircraft databases and software-related functions.
- Flight Data Monitoring, readouts and databases.
- The analysis of flight data received from aircraft operators.
- Communication regarding Flight Data Monitoring and Flight Data Analysis services to existing customers.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy workspace as required by FDS and its Certifying Authorities.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe working environment for self and other employees.
- Take part in regular training programs as required by their respective Manager.
- Responsible (when authorized) for completing and issuing correctly all C of C’s, Authorized Release Certificate forms and any other legal requirements as directed by their respective National Aviation Authority.
- Ensuring compliance with procedures for Flight Data Monitoring and Flight Data Analysis.
- Assist in establishing training programs as applicable.
- Downloading of Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder equipment as applicable
- Flight Analysis: 2 years (Required)
- Understand the theory of flight and its application to Flight Data Recorders. Flight Data Recorder operation.
- Attention to Detail – Numerical, alphabetical.
- Computer – Computer data entry knowledge and skills.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to compile information to write reports and effectively present information.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer requests for service and assistance; Retain customer feedback to improve service; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve goals; Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategies to changing conditions.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternate solutions; Works well in group solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts, proportions, percentages; Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism -Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Ethics – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret technical procedures or regulations
- 8-hour shift
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Flight Data Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
To apply for this position, please email Morgan Branum at email@example.com.