Reports to: Vice President of Sales
Positions available: 1
An internal sales position to actively manage the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) business and ensure growth to the GSE and Readout services businesses. This position requires GSE product sales support to a range of customers including Airlines, OEMs, MROs, Distributors and End Users. The successful candidate will work closely with the Aera Sales Managers, Technical Support and Readouts Departments to provide the best service and solutions possible to our customers.
- The primary point of contact internally for all sales of the Ground Support Equipment (GSE) in accordance with the agreed sales strategy utilizing CRM (365) and the company ERP system
- Establish and obtain new business for the sale of GSE products and Readout Services
- Supports sales consultatively and makes recommendations to customers for best-fit options with feedback and consideration from Customer Support (technical support) and the Aera Sales Management team
- Responsible for following up on GSE enquiries as well as understanding customers’ demands for solutions across Airborne products and Recorder Readouts Services and for evaluating business offers to assist with the eventual closing of the sale
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy of the GSE data analytics to ensure data driven decision making for senior leadership can be relied upon
- Creating and producing company reports that track all company sales goals; overall sales, quotes, revenue, and forecast statistics
- Generating complex reports, executive summaries and presenting sales data using multiple mediums including but not limited to:
- E-mail (Outlook)
- Oral Presentation / Video / Phone / Text
- Responsible for managing incoming customer requests to include but not limited to Hubspot, Sales team email, telephone and other social media queries
- Continuous improvement projects as assigned.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and staff members
- Ability to analyze consumer data to optimize sales efforts
- Will be periodically required to perform other duties as directed and assigned
Educational and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four-year college or university or
- 1 – 3 years related work experience in sales or business development within the aerospace/avionics industry or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Pilots license preferred but not required
Performance Attributes and Competencies:
- Vision & Strategic Thinking: Clear vision for the possible…thinks ahead about outcomes.
- Energy: Exhibits strong desire to achieve success.
- Problem-Solver: Objectively and logically recognizes and solves problems.
Interpersonal and Teamwork:
- Team Player: Reaches out to overcome walls; overcomes “we-they” relationships; approachable and earns respect for focus on “company” interests.
- Communication: Speaks confidently and effectively in one-on-one, team and public settings; writes clearly and concisely.
- Persuasive: Exhibits persuasiveness in change situations and effectively finds win-win solutions.
Personal and Intellectual
- Integrity: Sets example; doesn’t ethically cut corners; earns trust and respect.
- Intelligence: A “quick study” demonstrates the ability to absorb new information rapidly.
- Leading-Edge: Constantly looking for best practice benchmarks.
- Ability to travel domestically 10-20%.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, reach with arms and hands, climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The person must occasionally life and/or move up to 30lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Associate should be able to see, hear and understand speech, communicate, lift computer equipment, supplies and materials, use office equipment and computers. If requested by an applicant or employee, we may provide reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties required of personnel so classified. We have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the person is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time and an air-conditioned and heated office. The noise level is occasionally high.
- Monday to Friday
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales or Business Development: 3 years (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Flight Data Systems is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal or state law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
To apply for this position, please email Morgan Branum at firstname.lastname@example.org.